Friday 6 January 2017

Three Ingredient Fruit Cake

Three Ingredient Fruit Cake


Recently my sister sent me a recipe for  a fruit cake recipe. It was delicious. The recipe called for self rising flour so I subbed in 3 tsp of baking powder, 3 cups all purpose flour and 1/2 tsp of salt for the 3 cups of self rising flour. The original recipe can be found here http://thewhoot.com.au/whoot-news/recipes/3-ingredient-fruit-cake. Here is my version.

Ingredients


3    cups white tea
1    kg dried fruit, I used papaya, pineapple, raisins and prunes, cut into a small dice
3    cups self rising flour or   3    cups all purpose flour
                                                  1/2  tsp  salt
                                                   3    tsp baking powder






Method


1.  Line a 8.5 x 4 inch round springform pan with parchment paper

2.  Soak fruit overnight in the tea.

3.  Stir in flour. If necessary add extra tea to make a stiff batter. Pour into lined pan. 

4.  Bake cake at 270 F for approximately 2.5 hours . Adjust baking time if 
      you are using a different sized pan .  
 






TIP

Substitute 1/4 cup of the tea for rum. My sister used 1/4 cup brandy for 1/4 cup tea and said it was really good too.

While I have yet to try this, I think substituting some of the dried fruit with your favourite nut, would be delicious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment