Saturday 13 August 2016

Fresh Tomato Soup

Fresh Tomato Soup

Here's a great way to use up some of those fresh tomatoes from the garden. I started with my Mother's recipe for tomato soup and altered in order to use less sodium. My daughter says this is a fantastic soup giving it a 10 out of 10 for flavour. This makes a small pot of soup.





Ingredients

2 tomatoes, peeled, and core removed ( about 14-16 ounces)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cups water
2 1/2 tsp vegetable stock powder
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 Tblsp quick oatmeal
Black pepper to taste
3/4 cup nutitional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
 1/8 tsp garlic powder

Directions

Saute onion in as little water as possible until cooked.

Add water and tomatoes. I wanted tiny pieces of tomatoes, so before the water heated up, I used my hand blender and pulsed the soup a few times until I got the consistency I wanted.

Add in all of the remaining ingredients.  Cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment