Sunday 5 June 2016

Potato Skins

Potato Skins

I had some leftover roasted potatoes in the fridge that needed to be used up and wanted a relatively easy lunch I could throw together. Apart from chopping a few vegetables, this recipe is not a lot of work. These potato skins can be eaten as a finger food and served on game day as an appetizer too. I have not specified any amounts as this is more of a process and really any toppings you like can be used. Having said that, I would not skip the sweet chili sauce, garlic powder or nutritional yeast as these  items add a lot of flavour.  I did find that finely chopping the toppings helps keep them on the potato.







Ingredients

Leftover COLD whole roasted potatoes
Sweet Chili Sauce
Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast

 Toppings
 
Peppers, finely chopped
Onions, finely chopped
Tomatoes, finely chopped
Olives ( I did not use but these would add a lot of flavour), drained
Any other topping of choice


Directions

Line a pan or pans with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425 F.

Cut  potatoes into 1/4- 1/3 inch slices.

Lay slices on pan and roast until potatoes start to crisp up.

Remove from oven and spread with sweet chili sauce.

Sprinkle generously with garlic powder and nutritional yeast. I find if you wait to add the nutritional yeast on the top that it burns and does not taste very good.

Top with choice of toppings. I like to add a lot of topping.

Return to the oven and bake 8-12 minutes until toppings have warmed up.

Serve with extra sweet chili sauce for dipping if desired.

Enjoy!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment