Sunday 1 October 2023

                     Hummus 


This is probably the best hummus that I have ever eaten. I adapted it from a Turkish recipe that was loaded with oils.  Please refer to the picture below the Instructions for the type of red pepper paste that I use.



Ingredients

1     19 oz can chickpeas, or 1 1/2 cups cooked 
2     cloves garlic
1     Tblsp mushroom seasoning
1/4   tsp black pepper
1/2   cup aquafaba, (chickpea cooking liquid)
1      Tblsp hot red pepper paste
1      Lemon, juiced

Instructions


  1. Place everything in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. If you do not have a high speed blender you may need extra aquafaba.
  2. Enjoy!


This is the hot pepper paste that I use.


Tip

When I juice the lemons, I remove the seeds from the pulp and add it to the blender. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment